School Enrollment Schedule
Applications must be submitted a minimum of 2 weeks before the students intended start date. The school enrolls students on a monthly basis based on availability. Students will start classes on the first Thursday of their enrollment month. The school will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.
Minimum Attendance Requirement
- Theory: 210 clock hours, 8.75 weeks, 24 hours per week, Thursday – Monday 12noon-8pm
- Practical: 150 clock hours, 6.25 weeks, 24 hours per week, Thursday – Monday 12noon-8pm
- Practical Tattooing Procedures: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 12noon-8pm
Admissions Process and Requirements
Forbidden School of Body Art LLC does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, creed or sexual orientation or gender identity. Admission decisions are based on the application/interview process. The number of students admitted in one term is determined by the capacity of the school and the number of students who are currently enrolled. Applicants will be notified of the schools decision within 7 days of the interview. After notice of acceptance, applicants will have 7 days to complete the enrollment process. If an applicant is denied acceptance, they can reapply for the following term. All denied applicants will receive a written explanation of their interview and artwork portfolio evaluations within 7 days of the interview.
Applicants may be admitted upon satisfying the following requirements:
- 1. Submits completed Application
- 2. Meets or exceeds the state compulsory attendance age of 18 proven through government issued photo identification
- 3. Possesses a high school transcript, GED or transcript from a home school or approved accredited online high school that is recognized as valid by the state in which it was earned
- 4. Submits a portfolio of artwork that passes the criteria listed in the “Artistic Portfolio Evaluation” (See attached PDF)
- 5. Successfully completes the “Interview Requirements” (See attached PDF)
- 6. There is a $150 registration fee due upon completion of application and is credited towards enrollment.
Admittance Selection Criteria
We have one of the most comprehensive tattooing programs available. Strong personal and work habits are vital to a student’s success in our program as well as a strong artistic ability. Acceptance into the program is based on evaluation of: Personal Interview and Artwork Portfolio. A potential student can score a maximum of 40% on the Personal Interview and a maximum of 60% on the Artwork Portfolio Evaluation. Total evaluation score must meet or exceed 70% to be considered for admission.
Personal Interview: 40% of total grade
Design Elements: 30% of total grade
Design Principles: 30% of total grade
Total Score: 100%
- Applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks before their intended start date
- Applicants will be notified of the school’s decision via phone and/or email no later than 7 school calendar days. After notification of acceptance, applicants will have 7 business days to complete the enrollment agreement documents.
- It is Forbidden School of Body Art’s policy to assure that no person shall be discriminated against on the grounds of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income.
Tuition and Fee Policy
The total cost for the Art of Tattooing Program is $12,000
- $150 Registration Fee
- $9,100 Tuition Cost
- $365 MaterialsMaterials include but are not limited to: Micron Pen Set, PrismaColor Pencil Set, Dayplanner/Organizer, Professional Graphite Pencil Set, 8GB USB Flashdrive, Student Success Binder, Student Progress Binder, Textbooks.(These materials are property of the student and can be taken with them once they graduate. These supplies must be replaced by the student if lost or damaged.)
- $2385 SuppliesSupplies include but are not limited to: Tattoo Machines, Inks, Tubes, Needles, Disposable Procedure Materials, Various Community Art Supplies. (These materials are property of the school and must remain at the school at all times. Supplies listed in the Student Art and Organizational Supplies Package and Graduation Supplies Package are property of the student and must be replaced by the student.)
- The school accepts payments in the form of cash, personal or business check and money order or cashiers check. Credit/Debit cards are accepted with an additional processing fee of 2.5%. Credit card checks are not accepted.
The registration fee of $150 is due within 5 business days of acceptance of application. The remaining tuition payment of $11,850.00 can be paid prior to the beginning of classes unless the Optional Payment Plan is used.
Optional Payment Plan
An optional payment plan is available to students. The requirements are submission of the $150 registration fee upon acceptance of application. A minimum program cost payment of $7850.00 is due upon enrollment. A payment of $1000 is due on the same date each month for the following 4 consecutive months until the total balance of the program cost is paid off. A student’s program cost must be paid in full before the student can graduate from the program. This payment date and timeframe will be listed on each student’s contracted calendar and provided with enrollment documents upon enrollment. If a student cannot make a payment on a scheduled payment date, they can submit a leave of absence and return to school once they are able to make the missed scheduled payment. See Leave of Absence Policy. If a student has exceeded their allowed leave of absence time and cannot make a program cost payment on a scheduled payment date, there will be a $25.00 per day late fee for a maximum of 5 days. Disciplinary action and possible termination of contract may be taken if a student fails to make a payment after 5 days of missing their scheduled payment if they are not on a leave of absence.
A student may cancel enrollment by giving written notice within 5 business days of the date of enrollment and all monies shall be refunded including fees for Materials and Supplies. After 5 business days of enrollment and/or prior to the commencement of classes, the school may retain only the registration fee of $150.00 and the fees associated with materials and supplies. If a student withdrawals prior to completion of 50 percent or 300 hours of the contracted instructional program, the student shall be entitled to a pro rata refund of the tuition paid for the program, less the registration fee and fees for materials and supplies. If the student withdrawals upon completion of 50 percent or 300 hours of the contracted instructional program, the student shall be obligated for the tuition charged for the entire instructional program and shall not be entitled to any refund.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A student may cancel enrollment by giving written notice within 5 business days of the date of enrollment and all monies shall be refunded including fees for Materials and Supplies. After 5 business days of enrollment and/or prior to the commencement of classes, the school may retain only the registration fee of $150.00 and the fees associated with materials and supplies that the student has used. If a student withdraws prior to completion of 50% or 300 hours of the contracted instructional program, the student shall be entitled to a pro rata refund of the tuition paid for the program, less the registration fee and fees for the Introductory Art and Organizational Supplies Package. If student receives a pro rata refund of the tuition paid they will also receive a full refund of the “Graduation Supplies Package” and a refund of the any unused portion of the “In Program Supplies Package”. If the student withdraws upon completion of 50 percent or 300 hours of the contracted instructional program, the student shall be obligated for the tuition charged for the entire instructional program and shall not be entitled to any refund of tuition, registration fees, Art and Organizational Supplies Package and any used portion of the In Program Supplies Package. The student will be entitled to a refund of any unused portion of the In Program Supplies Package and a full refund of the Graduation Supplies Package that has not been purchased for the student. Refunds are made within forty (40) days of the last date of the student’s attendance.
Wait list Policy
A wait list is formed when the school is at its enrollment capacity of 12 full time students. The wait list serves as a list of upcoming students to be enrolled on a contracted date. To be included on the wait list, a potential student must follow the interview process, be accepted to the program, submit their $150 registration fee and complete a Waitlist Contract. The student will receive a $150 credit towards their program cost upon enrollment. The Waitlist Contract states the refund policy of the registration fee and contains the student’s enrollment deadline.
A student looking to transfer into our program from another ODE licensed school must follow the same interview and admissions guidelines as a new student. They must also provide official transcripts from the school they are transferring from. A transfer student who is accepted into our program will be credited the appropriate hours according to the transcripts provided. Additional Theory coursework hours may be required to meet our school’s educational standards. A student transferring in will be credited the appropriate amount of procedures based on our portfolio guidelines and the number of completed procedures listed on their transcripts. The school will follow the same Admissions Process and Requirements listed above when dealing with transfer students.
Attendance Policies and Procedures
Students who are in their first 210 hours of the program considered their, “Theory Coursework” must attend school a minimum of 24 hours per week. The school is open to Theory students Thursday through Monday from 12noon to 8pm. Students may set their schedules based on when they are available to attend and during the hours that the school is open for students. Students who are in their second 150 hours of the program considered their, “Practical Coursework” must attend school a minimum of 24 hours per week. The school is open to Practical students Thursday through Monday from 12noon to 8pm. Student tattooing procedures are allowed Friday through Sunday from 12noon to 8pm. Coursework should not exceed 5 months unless arrangements are made between the student and director.